Most important documents you need for traveling to Kailash Mansarovar in Tibet Autonomous Region
Traveling to Kailash Mansarovar was very difficult in the past years due to non-availability of information about the permits and visa etc and also due to very strict policies of Chinese government for grant of those permits and visa. However, if you are traveling to Kailash Mansarovar through reputed and authorised tour operators, you may apply all permits and visa through the agent itself.
If you are planning to visit Kailash Mansarovar this year or in future, you must prepare to have the following documents for permit, visa and other formalities
1. A passport valid for atleast 06 months from the date of entry in China.
2. Two passport sized photograph with white background for permits and visa
3. Registration / Booking Form with your personal details
4. Tibet Travel Permit
5. China visa
6. PAN card (Indian nationals only)
7. Voter Identity Card (Indian Nationals only)
8. Travel & Health insurance
9. Doctors Medical Certificate
10. Money Exchange Certificate for Chinese currency
The permits are obtained from various Tibetn authorities through an authorised travel agent only. Permit is required as a support document / invitation to obtain necessary China visa.