Day 01: Delhi – Kathmandu
Depart from Delhi airport. Arrive in Kathmandu, meet our representative and get transferred to the hotel. Check into the hotel and rest. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu
The first half of the day will be spent relaxing and briefing for the trip. In the second half, we go sightseeing around Kathmandu – Durbar Square, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Lhasa (3,650 m)
Fly to Lhasa and get transferred to your hotel. Get acclimatized to the city. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 04: Lhasa
Visit the Potala palace after breakfast, and Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Market after lunch. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 05: Lhasa - Shigatse (3,900 m) (267 kms/ 5 - 6 hrs approx)
After breakfast, visit the Kumbum Chorten and Pelkor Chode Monastery in the morning before carrying on with your journey to Shigatse. You can visit Panchen Lamasâ€™ Tashilhunpo Monastery in the town of Shigatse. Stay overnight at the hotel or guest house.
Day 06: Shigatse - Rongbuk (4,980 m) (295 kms/ 6 – 7 hrs approx)
After breakfast, drive to the Rongbuk Monastery via the Pang-La Pass situated below the northern face of Mt. Everest. On the way, enjoy the sights of Mt. Everest (8,848 m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201 m) and Mt. Makalu (8,481 m). Stay overnight at the guest house.
Day 07: Rongbuk - Everest base camp (north face) (5,150 m) - Tingri (145 kms/ 5 hrs approx)
Commence with an early morning 2 hr trek from the Rongbuk Monastery to the Everest Base Camp (North Face). Drive to Tingri. Stay overnight at hotel or guest house.
Day 08: Tingri - Saga (4,580 m) (216 kms/ 6 hrs approx)
Drive on towards Saga from Tingri and stay overnight at a hotel or guest house in Saga.
Day 09: Saga - Paryang (4,750 m) (255 kms/ 7 hrs approx)
Today, drive from Saga to Prayang while crossing Zhongba on the way. Stay overnight at hotel or guest house.
Day 10: Paryang - Lake Mansarovar (4,560 m) (260 kms/ 6-7 hrs approx)
Drive from Paryang to Lake Mansarovar (Chiu Village). Stay overnight at guest house/ tent camp.
Day 11: Lake Mansarovar - Darchen (4,550 m) (30 kms/ 1 hr approx)
Begin the day with a holy bath in the Lake and puja at Lake Mansarovar. Then drive to Darchen and stay overnight at a guest house in Darchen.
Day 12: Darchen - Derapuk (4,765 m) for the Kailash Parbat Parikrama / Pradakshina
This day you begin with your holy trek/ Parikrama around Mt. Kailash. Drive from Darchen to Derapuk which is an hour’s drive approximately and then approximately 4 hrs of trekking on foot/ horse or yak back. Stay overnight at a tent camp.
Day 13: Derapuk - Zutulphuk (5,610 m) (8-9 hrs approx)
Continue with trekking from Derapuk to Zutulphul via the Dolma-La Pass. You will pass the Shivasthal on your way which is one of the highest points in the trek. Stay overnight at the camp in Zutulphuk.
Day 14: Zutulphuk - Darchen (4,550 m) - Paryang (4,750 m) (260 kms/ 6-7 hrs approx)
From Zutulphuk, trek to Darchen to finish the circumambulation of Mt. Kailash. It will take you around four hours. Drive to Paryang in a car. Reach Paryang and spend the night at a hotel or guest house.
Day 15: Paryang - Saga (4,580 m) (255 kms/ 7 hrs approx)
Drive from Paryang to Saga. Spent rest of the night at a hotel or in a guest house.
Day 16: Saga - Nyalam (3,700 m) (155 kms/ 4 hrs approx)
Drive from Saga to Nyalam and stay the night at a hotel or guest house.
Day 17: Nyalam - Kathmandu via Kodari Border (720 m)
Leave Nyalam early and drive to the Kodari Border. It will take approximately 2 hours. Finish with the immigration formalities and cross the border. An approximately 5 hours journey will take you to Kathmandu from there. Stay overnight in a hotel. A Nepalese cultural programme and farewell dinner will be held for you in the evening.
Day 18: Kathmandu – Delhi
Get transferred to the airport and take your flight back to Delhi. Take your return flight back home. Your tour ends here in Delhi.
The tour cost for Mount Kailash Manasarovar Yatra with EBC for 2016 is as below:
For Indian Nationals: INR 2,29,999 Per Person
For Foreign Nationals & NRI: USD 3490 + Visa Fee Per Person
VISA Fee Supplement:
NRI and Foreigners US$ 260 per persons
US and Canadian Passport holders US$ 360 Per person
Note : Chinese visa and permit fee is likely to increase by US$80 for 2016 bookings and if do the same shall be charged extra.
For Kailash Yatra additional USD 300 per person will be applicable if the chinese government applies the rule of 17 passengers per bus in Tibet side
The above cost for Mount Kailash Manasarovar Yatra via Mount Kailash ParvatLhasa for 2016 includes:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers in Kathmandu and Lhasa as applicable.
- Three nights accommodation on twin sharing basis at 4* Hotel in Kathmandu (Soaltee Crowne Plaza / Gokarna Golf and Spa Resort with daily breakfast, lunch and dinner (pure vegetarian).
- Three nights accommodation on sharing basis in Lhasa at Hotel Brahamputra / Hotel Lhasa (North / South Wing) with attached toilet facility.
- One night accommodation on sharing basis in Shiagtse at Hotel Shigatse with attached toilet facility.
- One night accommodation on sharing basis in Lhatse at Hotel Shanghai with attached toilet facility.
- Two night accommodation in New Hotel Saga or equivalent on sharing basis in Saga with attached toilet facility.
- Two night accommodation in Prayang Parmarth Guest House on sharing basis in Prayang with common toilet facility.
- One night accommodation at Parmarth Chui Gompa Guest House (basic guest house) at Manasarovar without toilet / shower facility.
- One night accommodation in basic guest house (New Hotel Darchen) in Darchen without toilet / shower facility.
- One night accommodation at Dirapuk Hotel (best available hotel / guest house) at Dirapuk without toilet / shower facility.
- One night accommodation at Zuthulpuk in tented camps (fixed / movable) without toilet / shower facility.
- One night accommodation on sharing basis in Zhangmu at Hotel Zhangmu with attached toilet facility.
- Camping arrangement backed by Nepalese Sherpa crew on full board basis – except inside Nepal, all the meals in Lhasa, Shigatse and Shanghai would be provided in local restaurants however breakfast shall be served in respective hotels and from Saga and onwards meals shall be cooked and provided by our Sherpa staff – all meals through out the Kailash Manasarovar via Lhasa Tour shall be pure vegetarian.
- Services of an English speaking Nepalese team leader and an English speaking Tibetan guide from Lhasa Airport onwards.
- Transportation inside Lhasa by a private coach however Lhasa onwards by Deluxe 4500 CC Japanese Land Cruiser (4 pax per land cruiser).
- One half day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley.
- Transportation Tibet Border (Kodari) / Kathmandu by a Non A/c Coach.
- Hiring charge of Sleeping Bags.
- A support truck to carry food / camping equipments etc. from Saga onwards.
- Necessary Yak & Yak men to carry your luggage (one piece per person only) for Kailash Kora
- Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries.
- Normal Tibet Entry Visa fee. • One duffel bag per person.
- One down jacket per person on returnable basis.
- Yatra completion certificate to each pilgrim.
- Insurance for our sherpa team / team leader.
- Airfare Delhi / Kathmandu / Delhi on Jetlite as on 15th Jan’2016, subject to change
The above cost for Mount Kailash Manasarovar Yatra via Lhasa for 2016 excludes:
- Travel & medical insurance – we strongly recommend that one should take insurance coverage to cope up with any eventuality.
- Rescue evacuation cost in case of emergency. • Insurgent fee approx. INR 500 per Travel Medical Insuranceperson.
- Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation or porterage on The Arniko Highway (INR 500 - 700) per person.
- Expanses of personal nature viz. soft / hard beverages, photography charges, porterage at the airports / hotels, laundry, tips, telephone calls etc.
- Yak / Pony hiring charges for riding during Kailash Parikarma
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the clause, “The above cost includes”.
Overland Kailash Manasarovar Yatra Overview
Trip Duration : 18 Days / 17 Nights
Travel Type : Kailash Manasarovar Yatra Via Lhasa with EBC
Yatra starting point : : Kathmandu, Nepal
Yatra finishing point : : Kathmandu, Nepal
Mt. Kailash Elevation : 6,638 meters
Highest point on trek : Dolmala Pass (5,600 meters)
Peak season : May, June, August and September
How to register for yatra
If you are interested in joining one of our Kailash Yatra group please follow the process mentioned below
STEP 1If you have questions, please fill Enquiry Form or send us email at To check availability of seats in our group, please fill Yatra Booking Form or send us email at email@example.com
STEP 2 Upon finalizing your dates and other information with our office, please send scanned copy (coloured copy) of your passport via email at or firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note the passport must be valid for minimum 6 months from the date of yatra)
STEP 3 Send advance payments to our office.View payment options
Important Remarks : While you request booking with us you confirm having read and accepted the Terms of Bookings with us as mentioned on our website and on ‘Yatra Registration Form’ .
Passport & Visa
Indian Passport Holders
Nepal portion - Indian national does not require a passport or visa to travel to Nepal. A valid identity card (voter ID card) is acceptable by Nepal Immigration to give permission to Indian nationals for travelling in Nepal.
China/Tibet portion – A valid passport, visa and a special permit to visit Kailash region is mandatory for Indian nationals willing to undertake the yatra. Please send a scanned copy of your passport to our Delhi headquarters for obtaining China Visa and Tibet Permit for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra.
Foreign Nationals and NRIs
Nepal portion -A valid passport and Visa is mandatory for all foreign nationals and NRIs (Non-resident Indians) to enter Nepal. Nepal immigration offers Visa on Arrival facility at Kathmandu airport against all valid documents and visa fee.
China/Tibet portion – A valid passport, visa and a special permit to visit Kailash region is mandatory for all foreign nationals and NRIs (non-resident Indians) willing to undertake Kailash Yatra. Please send a scanned copy (coloured) of your passport to our Delhi headquarters and also carry a coloured copy of your passport alongwith 2 passport size photographs upon arrival at Kathmandu airport.
It is strictly advisable and is mandatory to carry a valid Travel Insurance covering Kailash region. Our trips does not include the price for travel insurance and it is the sole responsibility of the pilgrim/traveler to ensure that he/she is adequately ensured for the full duration of the trip. For more details please read Terms of Bookings carefully
We require a valid copy of health certificate of the pilgrims issued by his/her physician mentioning that the pilgrim/traveler is in perfect condition to undertake yatra to Mount Kailash at a height of above 15000 feet. Medical certificate is not the responsibility of ours and we do not take any liability of any health issue. For more details please read Terms of Bookings carefully.